Wednesday, October 21, 2009

This is Not My Final Answer...(Bonnie and Clyde)

I have no idea how I feel about this movie. The very notable film, Bonnie and Clyde, is a compelling tale of two people that meet and go on a crime spree. The story begins with Bonnie in her house and sees that a man is about to steal her car, she talks to him and then leaves with him. They begin their journey with robbing stories and then banks.  Along the way, Bonnie and Clyde pick up a few companions along the way such as C.W. Moss( the trusty mechanic), and Clyde’s brother and his wife.  The story follows these individuals through the best and worst of times. From the conclusion of the movie to now, I don’t think I know how to react to this film.
I would like to say that out of all the films that I have blogged about, this is by far the most neutral I have been. I feel that the way that it was done was very entertaining and has a few good ideas. For example, I like the how there was a side of innocence to the characters. For example, when Clyde tries to rub the bank and there is no money. Also, I liked how there was a somewhat Robin Hood story concept. However, instead of take from the rich and give to the poor, it was take from the rich and keep for themselves. A good example of this is when they are robbing the bank and the costumer was allow to keep his money. Lastly, I felt for the most part the pacing of the story was very well done because it didn’t feel to long yet not to short. 
I would like to say there was somethings that I didn’t particularly like about this movie, the first was the sound track. I felt that the banjo playing during the chase sequences felt a bit like a mockery of the robbery. While it did make me smile the first few times, it made me wonder how I was supposed to view this story as a comedy or a light hearted drama.  I think overall the cinematography was what really bothered me the most in this movie. For example, some of the shorts Cylde in the restaurant were slightly out of focus. Also, the picnic with the mother sequence was just a bit over exposed with gave it a hazy feel and blurry feel. 




And here I find myself in a full circle, I am back on deciding if it was a good or bad movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment